BOTOX® and Dermal Fillers
JOIN THE MILLIONS OF WOMEN WHO SHARE ONE SPECIAL THING.
The real, noticeable results of BOTOX® Cosmetic. Once you get it, you really get it. Why millions of women have experienced BOTOX® Cosmetic. Proven year after year. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the brows of adults ages 18 to 65. Ask your doctor if BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you. There’s only one BOTOX® Cosmetic. Results may vary. 8 out of 10 women achieved clinically signifi cant results at day 30 in clinical trials.
What causes frown lines between the brows? How does BOTOX® Cosmetic help?
The lines that appear between your brows actually result from muscle movement and the passage of time.
Two muscles are largely responsible for frown lines between the brows. When those muscles contract, they draw the brows together. As skin becomes less elastic over time, repeated frowning can result in those moderate to severe lines between your brows.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works by blocking nerve impulses, which reduces the movement of those muscles. With less movement, the skin surface gradually smooths out, and the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows begin to fade.
Just what is BOTOX® Cosmetic? Is it FDA approved?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a purifi ed protein. It is a nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily reduce moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in patients 18 to 65 years of age. During treatment, very low doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic are administered via a few tiny injections directly into the muscles that cause those stubborn lines between the brows. BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only treatment of its type approved by the FDA for this use. The treatment is minimally invasive and nonsurgical. It requires no recovery time and causes little discomfort.
What is the treatment like?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a quick and minimally invasive treatment. Your doctor makes a few tiny injections into the muscles that cause moderate to severe frown lines between your brows. Your doctor will determine exactly where to administer the injections to achieve the best results. No anesthesia is required, although he or she may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthesia cream prior to injecting. The entire procedure takes approximately ten minutes. Discomfort is minimal and brief - most patients compare the sensation to a bug bite. You may resume normal activity immediately.
How soon will I see a difference? What kind of results can I expect?
You can expect to see results within days after your treatment. The appearance of the area between your brows may continue to improve for up to a week. By day 30 in a patient clinical study, 89% of patients judged the severity of their frown lines between their brows as moderate or better. Visible results can last up to four months. After that, you may be ready to return for a follow-up treatment. Patients with neurological disorders such as ALS, Myasthenia Gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome may be at increased risk of serious side effects. The most common side effects include headache, respiratory infection, flu syndrome, temporary eyelid droop, and nausea. Other side effects include pain and redness where the medicine is injected, pain in the face, and muscle weakness. These effects generally occur within the fi rst week and usually go away on their own. Your own results may vary - be sure to talk to your doctor about what you can expect.
How soon will I need a second treatment? What happens if I decide not to continue?
The effects of each treatment can last up to four months - be sure to schedule your follow-up treatments in advance. If you decide not to continue with BOTOX® Cosmetic, the area between your brows will eventually go back to its pretreatment appearance.
Kiss those lines goodbye!™ with JUVÉDERM® XC
How parentheses appear on your face
Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). But as you age,
time, sunlight, and other factors can reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume —
creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds, like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth.
How JUVÉDERM® XC makes them disappear…
JUVÉDERM® XC helps replace the HA your skin has lost, adding volume to smooth away facial wrinkles and folds. JUVÉDERM® XC
achieves its smooth consistency due to an innovative manufacturing process called HYLACROSS™ technology.
HYLACROSS™ gives JUVÉDERM® XC its unique smooth-gel properties as well as robust gel structure that holds up over time. That’s
why JUVÉDERM® XC is the first smooth-consistency HA gel and the only HA filler that’s FDA approved* to last up to 1 year with only
…with improved comfort‡
JUVÉDERM® XC is formulated with lidocaine, a common anesthetic, to provide a more comfortable‡ experience during and after treatment. JUVÉDERM® XC provides the smooth, natural-looking results you expect with the improved comfort you want.
What you can expect with treatment
You can experience JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel with a quick, in-office procedure and minimal downtime. Your healthcare
professional eases JUVÉDERM® XC under your skin to instantly smooth out the wrinkles and folds on your face. You’ll see the
Silhouette Botox and Dermal Fillers Pre-treatment Instructions:
- Your skin should be clean, dry, and, if a topical anesthetic was used, it will be removed just prior to your treatment.
- Inform your practitioner if you have had a change in your medications or in your health history. Limit use of aspirin, Ibuprofen, anti-inflammatories, blood thinners, muscle relaxants, and vitamin E. Avoid alcohol consumption the night before treatment. If you have a history of herpes outbreaks, an antiviral medication may be recommended.
Silhouette Post-treatment Instructions:
- After Botox and filler injections, do not take over-the-counter aspirin, ibuprofen, or vitamin E for at least 24 hours. Do not stop prescription medications. You may take Tylenol as needed.
- After both Botox and fillers, do not massage or manipulate the injection sites for 48 hours. Do not rub the sites, exercise, chew gum, or wear a hat or headband close to treated areas.
- After Botox injections, remain upright for 4 to 6 hours. Avoid bending down or forward.
- After Botox, exaggerate your facial expressions in the injected areas for about 1 hour.
- You may have some bruising, swelling and discomfort following treatments. Cool compresses and temporary applications of ice may be beneficial. These possible side effects should resolve in hours to days.
- Avoid excessive heat exposure or skin trauma for 1 to 2 days. This includes strenuous exercise, massage, hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, use of irritants, such as Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, and astringents, waxing, chemical peels, bleaching, etc. Treat your skin gently for several days. Laser and IPL treatments should be done prior to injection of fillers or you need to wait 4 weeks.
- Makeup may be applied after the treatment when the skin is intact and the reaction has decreased. Avoid sun exposure, outdoor and tanning beds. We recommend use of at least a 30 SPF full-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with zinc oxide.
- Botox results are expected within 2 to 7 days. Botox and filler’s effects will decrease with time. You may need to repeat treatments. Consult your practitioner.
- Notify the office immediately if you have any major complications: increased pain at injection sites, increased headaches, prolonged bruising or swelling, difficulty swallowing or breathing, drooping upper eyelids, or other untoward problems. If you have questions or concerns, call Silhouette at 850-402-9044, or Jolynn Greenhalgh, ARNP nights and weekends for emergencies.